Here are the top 10 ways to kill a blog:
10. Get a job that involves writing a lot so the last thing you want to do when you get home from work is write some more.
9. Get a job that requires you to do long, tiring hours and numbs your out-of-work brain into a pulp.
8. Give in to the laziness pixie who sits on your shoulder and whispers in your ear that you can always do that later.
7. Accept an offer of a job abroad which will mean you will have way too much organising to do to have time for blogging.
6. Join a gym (and actually go there regularly)
5. Pick up other hobbies that take up precious blogging time.
4. Change the situation that first inspired your writing. Like losing the awesome people you used to talk to every day and who gave you plenty of food for thought.
3. Do something dumb like reducing your 90 minute train commute to a 15 minute stroll. You can’t type or read while strolling and 15 minutes just isn’t long enough to write blog posts.
2. Start doing posts that are entirely made up of lists
And last but not least:
1. Write posts about how you haven’t been posting lately, coming up with excuses and vowing to do better.